On Friday, 24 May 2013 at 22:45:35 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
We (LDC) use the GNU as on MinGW as well, as the LLVM integrated assembler doesn't support emitting the Dwarf EH tables into COFF files yet. So, you should be good to go in theory, although the target config handling code you mentioned might also need some adaption – I haven't really looked at that part of GCC at all yet.

You do need a fairly recent, maybe even unreleased version of binutils for SECREL32 relocations to work though, same for my fixes in the mingw64-w32 runtime,

David