Walter Bright:

Yes, but since I don't know much about O-C programming, the feature should be labeled "experimental" until we're sure it's the right design.

This change opens a new target of D development (well, it was already open for the people willing to use a not standard dmd compiler), but it also introduce some extra complexity in the language, that every D programmer will have to pay forever, even all the ones that will not use those features. So such changes need to be introduced with care and after extensive discussions in the main newsgroup. Probably each one new thing introduced needs a separate discussion.

Bye,
bearophile