On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:02:11 -0400, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisp...@gmx.com> wrote:

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 21:54:08 Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:43:53 -0400, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisp...@gmx.com>

wrote:
> But I think that they key issue with swapping out
> the implementation is not whether you can swap out the implementation
> for your
> whole program but rather being able to choose different implementations
> for
> different parts of your program.

This would never happen.  AAs are only ever going to be one
implementation. If you want to use another map type, you will have to use
a struct/class.  I suppose AA's could simply be polymorphic, but I don't
see the benefit.

I know. My point was that that's an inherent problem with built-in AAs that can't be overcome (regardless of how well they're implemented). If you want
that level of control, you _have_ to use a library solution.

OK. I guess I was just reading your statement like it was a "problem" :)

-Steve