On 2013-09-15 23:41, Brian Schott wrote:

I start and stop the server manually. I know that this should be
improved, but there are a few other things that I'd like to focus on first.

Ok, I can probably add this to a menu.

Things such as the standard library location can be placed in
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/dcd/dcd.conf or $HOME/.config/dcd/dcd.conf on Linux or
BSD, or dcd.conf (in the same directory as the server executable) on
Windows. The server reads this on startup and caches all .d and .di
files that it finds in the paths in that file.

Ok, I see. But a user needs to be able use different compilers for different projects. I'll see if I can use the project specific settings and fall back on dcd.conf.

Symbols are filtered by the import statements that are contained in the
text that you send to dcd-client, so there shouldn't be a conflict. If
you have multiple foo backages each with a bar module, then it'll
probably break.

So ideally one server per session/project. That won't conflict, right? I can just use different ports?

--
/Jacob Carlborg