Can you not just change to going through each module running the hosts
manually? Then you can do what you like before and after each.

If your lib had  a host that started a thread which received messages about
a unittest registering itself in other user modules you could run the
unittests as  you feel like and you could stick with the -unittest dmd arg.
Reason for the thread is you can't control order of module initialization.