On Monday, 21 October 2013 at 11:58:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I confess that I don't understand why anyone is creating any unit test projects for D, and I'd likely vote against any attempt to add such a thing to Phobos. D has built in unit testing functionality, and it works great. Maybe some additional assert-like functions could be useful (similar to assertThrown or assertNotThrown), but we really don't need much beyond what the language
provides.

Sorry but it feels like you didn't really investigate the topic. D built-in unit-test facilities are a basic and extendable framework. Many notable unittest libraries work on top of it (using custom assert helpers and/or __traits(getUnittests)) being at the same time perfectly compatible with raw `dmd -unittest -main -run file.d`.

At the very same time built-in reporting facilities are very limited and almost any bigger project will want some extension. Assuming full compatibility with built-in ones and zero external dependencies I don't see why this can't go to Phobos.