On 18/10/2013 12:58, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 18 October 2013 12:43, Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 10/16/13 5:38 AM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

On 08/10/2013 14:18, Alexander Bothe wrote:

Are there any plans/tricks/hacks on how to get programs built
with dmd debuggable with gdb? Then we also could release the
addin for Windows as well!
(Afaik I asked the same question some time ago, but well, perhaps
something did change over the time :-))

I was wondering the same as well... But from the lack of answers I think
not much can be done? :/

What are the matters involved? I did get basic debugging sessions
working, but I forgot whether it was dmd or gdc.

Andrei

If that was under Windows, it must have been GDC then. The debug format that
DMD emits on Windows (OMF for x32 and COFF for x64, if I'm correct) is not
understood by GDB, which I guess only understands DWARF.

GCC is able to emit COFF object code - and GDB can read COFF debug
code - though admitedly COFF is a woeful excuse of an object/debug
file format.  :o)

Regards

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know GDB could read COFF as well.

My main dev machine is 32 bit (old yeah) so I haven't had yet the chance to try DMD-64 on Windows. Will probably try it at some point on my desktop.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer