On Monday, 6 January 2014 at 09:11:09 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Some time ago there have been a review for `std.signal` Phobos proposal (http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ujlhznaphepibgtpc...@forum.dlang.org#post-ujlhznaphepibgtpcoqz:40forum.dlang.org). It have not received much feedback and I was a it too busy to proceed with final voting at that moment but with no outstanding issues to address nothing prevents that final step.

Let's put 2 week deadline to refresh memories about the proposal and make some decision. Voting closes at January 20th 23:59 GMT 0

Please take some time and help make Phobos better ;)

No.

I think the use of a string mixin here is bad for usability, readability and documentation. I think we should either search for a different solution to this problem (maybe even think about a language enhancement) or just abandon the idea altogether.

I also think it would be better if the "weak" connect that currently takes a delegate would just take a function pointer; as it is, I think this part of the interface is error prone.

On a semi-related note, the implementation has a number of problems. As they don't affect the interface, they don't count towards my vote, but I'll mention them anyway: the code uses widely inconsistent formatting which really harms readability, and there's at least one seriously questionable allocation strategy in there. Additionally, I think the presented documentation is really poorly written.