On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 23:53:19 -0500, Denis Koroskin <2kor...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, 16 February 2014 at 02:57:25 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I think that the best and quickest approach at this time is to disallow classes. They are not trivial. If we can figure out a clean way to add them back, then they can be allowed later.

Note that the same applies to classes with ARC (or other reference counting mechanism).

Right, but ARC classes would be marked differently or derive from a different base. Like extern(C++) classes (which actually should work under minimal D).

What we are debating is allowing just plain-old D classes could compile and be used under minimal D. I don't think that's a good idea.

-Steve