On 3/13/2014 9:23 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 01:05:08 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Still, that's more than the $0/hr for most of the D contributions
we're happy to do, so I'm not complaining.

Aye, but it doesn't push you over the line from "I'd like to do this but
am too busy with other work" or "meh i don't care enough" to actually
doing it.

Depends how well one's day job is going ;) And I do think it *can* be enough to tip the scales if someone is tempted but not entirely comitted - the final straw to say "Ok, you know what, I think I *will* take a shot at that after all".

But I think you may be right that it isn't exactly going to get a bunch of people clamoring over "Ooooh!! I'm gonna go fix that one!!" As far as what *would* to that though, I really don't know (I mean, beyond obviously silly answers like "Three million!").

FWIW, I think there *are* dangers in going too high with the bounties (and I can't believe I just said that ;) ). Don't want to end up with contention over who gets a bounty (esp if people had already made significant contributions towards something, and then a bounty gets posted and someone else swoops in for the last little bit). Also don't want to discourage people from bothering with non-bounty issues.