On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 13:54:25 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 12:27:57 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 11:04:58 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
http://blog.thecybershadow.net/2014/03/21/functional-image-processing-in-d/

Some highlights from a recent overhaul of the graphics package from my D library. It makes use of a number of D-specific language features, so I've tried to make the article accessible to people new to D as well.

Are you planning on adding a font rasterizer

Parsing vector font files is a big undertaking. I'd likely use a text rendering library, such as FreeType. Hardcoding a small bitmap font for ASCII only is also a possibility.

Yeah it is quite a big one. But it may be well worth it to have it generate code at CTFE per font. Would be more efficient probably.

and can it work at CTFE?

This program almost works:

string drawSmiley()
{
        import std.range;
        import std.math;

        import ae.utils.graphics.draw;
        import ae.utils.graphics.image;

        auto smiley = Image!char(20, 20);
        smiley.fill(' ');
        smiley.fillCircle(10, 10, 10, '#');
        smiley.fillCircle( 6, 6, 2, ' ');
        smiley.fillCircle(14, 6, 2, ' ');
        smiley.fillSector(10, 10, 6, 8, 0, PI, ' ');

return smiley.h.iota.map!(y => smiley.scanline(y)).join("\n").idup;
}

pragma(msg, drawSmiley);

"almost" because fillSector calls atan2, which doesn't work in CTFE. :(

(And yeah, I totally did just declare an image with a

Yeah I've noticed that some of phobos wasn't really designed with CTFE in mind *grumbles*. Maybe one day I'll look into getting that sorted out.
colorspace of "char".)