This is all very interesting. I have two questions.

1. Do you plan to get this merged back into CMake proper?
2. Could I use it to handle my weird build process?

At the moment I am working on something which requires
a strange build process, and I have been struggling to
implement it with existing build tools. First it needs to
compile and run a D program, which generates .d and .cpp files. Then, it needs to take all of those D and C++ sources and build one library
out of them. This all works, I just need to get a build tool that
does it all in one 'make' command or similar.