On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 23:10:22 UTC, Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Wow, TIOBE looks even more useless than the last time looked at it (years ago). Is TSQL really "more popular" than Perl? I wonder how much "oh dear, I need help with this" is conflating these ratings. I mean, PostScript is #25 and while it *is* Turing complete, I don't think too
many (well-intentioned) projects are targeting printers as their
platform (at least via the paper tray). Almost certainly not more than
all of Scala, Go, and Haskell.

--Ben

Don't forget that it does not only consider new code but overall picture. And amount of legacy code in weird languages is still huge.