On 09/22/2014 12:50 PM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
(...)
> Sometimes my Windows machine with 2 GB RAM gets OOM when trying to link
> phobos.lib (I have to close most programs and start again), it would be
> nice if there was a way to continue a failed build without starting from
> scratch.

My guess is the average for developers is ~8GB. 2GB RAM is really not
enough for pretty much anything these days - the browser alone easily
chews 3-4GB on moderate use. I recommend you just upgrade your computer
(or compile on a better iron).

  • Digger 1.0 Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Digger 1.0 Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Digger 1.0 Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Digger 1.0 Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Digger 1.0 Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Digger 1.0 simendsjo via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Digger ... ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Digger ... simendsjo via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Digger ... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: Di... Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re... Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: Di... Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d-announce