On 10/8/2014 2:55 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 at 00:18:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Sort of like:

  user: "need to fix this on the website"
  n.g.: "thanks! fixed now!"
  user: "no it isn't"
  n.g.: "looks good to me"
  [lots of fruitless back and forth]
  n.g.: "did you refresh your browser's cache?"
  user: "oops, sorry!"

OT: I know this is just an example to illustrate a point, but I think this
particular story is about the web developer not understanding HTTP caching, or
not being aware that their caching headers may cause the fix to not propagate to
users indefinitely. :)

There are similar recurring discussions about the path to where the D libraries are, such as "I deleted all the old versions of dmd from my system, but it is still using them!" Using environment variables is a recurring support problem, even for people who understand them.