On Friday, 24 October 2014 at 06:50:05 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Thursday, 23 October 2014 at 15:53:19 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
We could experiment with separately linking the GC. It wouldn't be hard to do, though the link line might be a bit weird, since core, rt, and gc are all interdependent in terms of link dependencies.

Can't it work like any other user library?

Well, on linux at least I think you might have to list it twice. Once before and once after libdruntime. I don't know if there's a portable linker flag that indicates that it should try and resolve dependencies in libraries listed later in the link line.