On Sunday, 23 November 2014 at 19:36:16 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2014-11-23 01:26, Mike Parker wrote:

Some people may prefer the bindings to include more D features, but IMO if you're going to put something out there for everyone and anyone to use, particularly if you want to be consistent with other Derelict
bindings, it's better to avoid them.

For more D features I would add a thin layer on top of the raw bindings. Like creating wrappers for functions accepting C strings and have them accept D strings instead.

In this particular case I would probably have created the enum as one would do in D and the alias the enum members to make them accessible at module scope.

While I like language-friendly wrappers, they do tend to make some choices. They require additional documentation since new names and usage are introduced.

Sticking to the C API is choice-agnostic, existing documentation can be reused.