On Saturday, 17 January 2015 at 13:32:37 UTC, MattCoder wrote:
On Saturday, 17 January 2015 at 06:14:12 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
Do you have some info/link to your editor?

I'm currently writing in D using GtkD (http://code.dlang.org/packages/gtk-d), and using Cairo to manage the text drawing.

It you have thoses dependencies already then why not use gtksourceview for the editor stuff? It took me quite some time to do that ie. undo/redo system, text layout, highlight system, navigation, text anchors, efficient text and line gapbuffers etc. You get that for free with gtksourceview.

It will not have a menu, just a console at bottom. I'm wanting it to be simple with some features that I like most and the keybindings that fit in my Dvorak layout better.

The Menu button will be different in the final version and maybe hidden by default. I am used to emacs keybindings myself but have designed it around being able to use either emacs, vi or standard bindings.

I'll release it at some point, but I want to polish more before that. :)

I known the feeling :)