On Tuesday, 3 March 2015 at 08:09:30 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 22:51 +0000, CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

[…]
I sent a message asking for a bit more in-depth feedback, we will see how that turns out!

I suspect it is like any decision making process where there are N
places for M applications and N << M, many get culled by fairly
arbitrary criteria simply to get the numbers down and make the
decision making tractable.

We are going through this right now with the DevoxxUK 2015 programme committee, and many of us have a fear we might have missed a good proposal in the mass culling needed to get few enough selected not to
have an overburdened programme.

I imagine you are correct. I understand that Google can't take everyone, and they no doubt have some tough choices, so I don't feel that we have been unfairly treated in any way. I am hoping though we can get some feedback so that next year's entry can be better though.