On 2015-03-07 at 07:51, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Many C++ > projects are returning to it, Go enforces it if you let it,
many Python projects are starting to use it in spite of PEP-8.

Now, that you mentioned Python, it was one of the main reasons why I moved away
from tabs. I was used to tab-completion in the shell and Python's interactive
interpreter (and didn't want to rebind that feature to some key combination on
every system that I worked with). Whenever I copied chunks of tab-indented
source code into the interpreter, it got screwed up, because the indentations
had vanished, so eventually I switched to using spaces only and had no problems
ever since.

I can also say from experience that removing tabs from Phobos source has removed
a lot of irritation with messed up code rendering and wasted effort arguing
about it. We're not going back :-)

And I am not going to work on Phobos for exactly the same reasons. My
loss, not yours.

You must be joking. :)

If at all, the problem with Phobos' style isn't with horizontal spacing but
vertical space.
Consider the waste of space below. Too much scrolling and I lose focus. Now,
*that* is really irritating. ;)

    struct Boo
    {
        int a;