On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 16:09:08 UTC, Chris wrote:
It need not be new, it needs to be good. That's all. I don't understand this obsession people have with new things, as if they were automatically good only because they are new. Why not try square wheels? Uh, it's new, you know.

New things can be cool for a toy language, but not for a production language. The latter needs polish and support (IDE etc).

Just pointed out the social dynamics where Go/D communities are not all that different. There's probably a difference between programmers that juggle 5-7 languages and programmers that stick to 1 language: «it is just A tool among many» vs «it is THE tool». I think you see this expressed in both Go and D communities.