On 3/28/2015 8:41 AM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Am 28.03.2015 um 15:33 schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce:
TLS is the evil here. Anyone working with TLS is either writing an
operating system or doing it wrong.

As long as we are talking about a closed system that works exclusively on this
fiber based concurrency model, I completely agree with you (fiber local storage
would be fine, though).

But we have the "unfortunate" situation that the language is not an isolated
ecosystem. There are many C libraries that do thread-specific things in one way
or another, or worse, make use of ordinary global variables without any
protection against data races, and we simply cannot ignore that.

One solution (that seems entirely reasonable to me) is to make the droutines (i.e. "goroutines") pure. Then the TLS problem goes away. Of course, then I/O isn't possible either, but perhaps a solution can be found for that.