On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 12:04:22 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 07:29:56 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Saturday, March 28, 2015 14:19:46 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Thank you. I need to learn std.algorithm better.

Don't we all. Part of the problem with std.algorithm is its power. It's frequently the case that you think that something isn't there when it's either there under a different name, or you just have to look at one of its functions from a different angle to use it for what you're trying to do. It wouldn't surprise me at all if folks who know it quite well get surprised by
what it can do at least from time to time.

- Jonathan M Davis

when this happens, it would be great if the person could post to the group a few lines about it so someone (possibly someone else) can collate into a future series on gems in phobos. maybe give subject some consistent name so it is easy to find them later.

I regularly review std.algorithm just because I'm not used to functional programming, it has so many useful things.