On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 05:51:58 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
On Sunday, 7 June 2015 at 12:06:52 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
On Sunday, 7 June 2015 at 07:00:18 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
I'm currently considering (because of dmd, druntime and phobos) how to strip it down to its bare essentials and have a core set of source files that only knows how to build D code, i.e. no C/C++, no dub, no make/ninja.

Why strip?

I meant "strip" in a general sense, not in the sense of stripping symbols.

Atila

I still agree with what he says. ninja and make have had countless manhours poured into them, from optimizations to bugfixes. D community seems obsessed with NIH.