On 06/16/2015 12:40 AM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 16/06/2015 12:45 p.m., Nick Sabalausky wrote:
One more followup, gen-package-version v0.9.3:

https://github.com/Abscissa/gen-package-version/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

- Enhancement: If detecting the version number via git fails, attempt to
detect it via the currect directory name (ex,
~/.dub/packages/[project-name]-[version-tag]).

- Enhancement: Don't bother running git if there's no .git directory.

- Enhancement: Bootstraps itself, so gen-package-version itself enjoys
the following fix:

- Fixed: Fails to detect version number for packages fetched by dub
(since they lack .git).

Will it support hg in future?

Possibly. All I'd need is an hg equivalent to "git describe". Looks like there's one listed here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6693209/is-there-an-equivalent-to-gits-describe-function-for-mercurial

But I haven't really been using hg so I don't really have any hg projects handy, and I've kinda forgotten even the basics.

Could you post a hg command that will clone for me an OSS project I could use to test?