On 2015-10-16 00:12, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

I think that you might be able to link code with various other compatible,
open source licenses against it, but you definitely can't link any
proprietary code aganist it. GPL really makes more sense for programs than
for libraries for precisely that reason. And most D libraries are likely to
be Boost licensed, since that's the license used by Phobos and generally
favored by the D community. There's nothing wrong with releasing a library
under the GPL if you really want to, but it seriously limits its usefulness.

Yes, that's correct. It would be fine if everything used GPL, but that's not the world we live in. Which makes the license not very practical.

--
/Jacob Carlborg