On Monday, 7 December 2015 at 14:38:39 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 12/6/15 11:32 AM, Marc Schütz wrote:
On Sunday, 6 December 2015 at 14:17:18 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 12/6/15 3:29 AM, Adil Baig via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
+1 Same error. This part may help :

This server could not prove that it is *www.dlang.org
<http://www.dlang.org>*; its security certificate is from*dlang.org
<http://dlang.org>*
*
*
You will need a wild-card certificate (cheaper) or a certificate that allows multiple domain names (more expensive, and probably not required)
for the cert to work.

Or redirect www.dlang.org to dlang.org

That won't help if someone already starts at https://www.dlang.org/ .

I'm surprised it wouldn't. I wouldn't think a redirect would need to be encrypted.

-Steve

It does. Otherwise you could bypass HTTPS entirely by replacing the redirect page with a non-encrypted copy of the dlang website with whatever modifications you like.