On Tuesday, 29 December 2015 at 17:59:15 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
On Tuesday, 29 December 2015 at 04:37:44 UTC, Nick B wrote:
Would you know what is required to get good performance ?

I can guess. However without actually implementing it my guess is as good as any. I would probably look at HHVM, and see what is easy to reimplement in D.

So the best approach, if I understand you correctly, would be to perform micro-benchmarks on new code that is either D code (with a variety of algorithms and/or vibe.d framework code) or HHVM 64 bit code, and compare (and publish) the results ?