On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 at 14:41:38 UTC, burjui wrote:
On Tuesday, 29 December 2015 at 05:57:34 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
[...]
Even more than that, I would also suggest to remove anonymous auto-typed enums
without an initial value from which type can be inferred, e.g.:

[...]

Again, the following is not much harder to write, but the type of 'a' is immediately clear:

[...]

Although I understand that these are breaking changes,
and D is too mature to break anything (almost not being sarcastic).

anonymous enum are just not enumerations... They are more "manifest constants" available at CT. Actually their members even dont verify (is(T == enum)) ;).

They also allow not to write too much enum... and to fold in an editor.