On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 08:12:56 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I suggest showing only links to inherited members, not the docs for them.

What I want to show is the links plus just the first excerpt of the docs, so you have an idea what it is aside from the name without taking up a lot of space.

My thing doesn't quite cut out the excerpt right yet though (really because so many of the Phobos docs don't follow a sane convention... I need to go back and rewrite a few of the summaries myself.)

Anyway, it shows inherited fields and methods. For classes it shows known subclasses and for interfaces known implementations.

Yeah, "known" is good because then it demos that there can be more. I like that.

The Scala docs [2] are pretty good as well. Separates abstract and concrete methods. Separate sections for the different protection levels and so on.

Interesting. Separating abstract is definitely a good idea since you kinda need to know that to implement.

There's so much potential for class docs! Pity Phobos doesn't use them much though :(