On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 at 15:41:29 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
I know projects get bugs open when they are used, but ddox is a one-person project and that one person doesn't seem terribly active in it.

I'm another user of ddox and fix things when they annoy me.
I don't have many problems with it though.
It you'd joined we'd already be 3.

https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/ddox/graphs/contributors

The main reasons why work has stalled is that the future of dpl-docs is unclear. Instead of fixing the remaining issues w/ ddox people have spend a huge amount of time to improve ddoc output, so b/c of this weird course Söhnke stopped working on dpl-docs for now. The other reason is that the existing tool already does most things you want from a documentation system. The styling sucked so I wrote scod, but most of the remaining issues are minor problems that will eventually be addressed. And even if you don't agree w/ some aspect of it, working on a common documentation engine/library makes more sense than having everyone write it's own, in particular if you're arguing about limited time.