On 04/05/2016 10:45 AM, dilkROM wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 22:06:54 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 at 21:30:26 UTC, Nick B wrote:
On Monday, 2 May 2016 at 00:45:39 UTC, Nick B wrote:

[snip]
Only bit that is still decided upon is platform choice for primary
stream source - will update this topic when it gets settled.

Any update on this ?

Can't we get some communication on this issue ?

I can't be the only person who wants to know what is happening ?

Nick

The twitter feed provides a link:
https://www.facebook.com/sociomantic/app/190322544333196/

But I'm probably not going to bother to wake up at 4am for it...

Yes, correct! There are currently three places to view the stream:

Sociomantic Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/sociomantic/app/190322544333196/

Sociomantic Website:
https://www.sociomantic.com/blog/2016/05/follow-dconf-2016-in-real-time/

Sociomantic UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pR6fAWVkXzw

We'll try to get a PR submitted to the official DConf website to get a
stream there too so people really have a wide variety of where they are
most comfortable to watch the live stream, but I'm not sure how likely
that last addition will be given that the conference starting may engage
most folks and thus prevent any site updates. I could be wrong though!

If anyone else feels like they want to host a stream somewhere, please
let me know!

Lastly, if you want direct access to me or any other organizers during
the event, best case is to Tweet directly to @DLangConf as that is more
aggressively notifying us than the forums.

I'd love to mirror it on livecoding.tv. Of course the main concern with this is a round trip to europe from New Zealand would not be very good for viewers, even if I'm on a fiber connection.

Wouldn't be too hard I suppose to write an irc bot to mirror chat there on to FreeNode #D or even automate tweets. Especially with my irc to XMPP bridge (free for use).