Am 23.05.2016 um 17:31 schrieb Dicebot:
On Monday, 23 May 2016 at 15:13:56 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
My need is two write a Python program that queries the running Dub
repository. So I am guessing this is an HTTP-based protocol.

I guess I will have to read the Dub code and deduce/infer/guess the
necessary protocol. Not a problem, but it would have been easier for
me not to have to do this but to have the API. Is there a repository
with the beginnings of something that I might contribute to?

Here is the declaration of REST API :
https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/blob/master/source/dubregistry/api.d#L21-L39

For example: http://code.dlang.org/api/packages/dub/info

Just to explain the context. The original API was made in a way that any simple webserver with file serving support could be used as a valid package registry. The REST API is newer and has a broader scope.

For any tool that wants to be as compatible as possible with registries other than code.dlang.org, using the original API would be the better choice. If that's not a concern, using the /api/* endpoints is just as good and offers some more possibilities.