On Saturday, 28 May 2016 at 11:26:23 UTC, Seb wrote:
On Saturday, 28 May 2016 at 11:02:37 UTC, Loïc HAMOT wrote:
Hello,

I am working on a C++ to D converter.
The project is opensource, on github : https://github.com/lhamot/CPP2D

[...]

If somebody is interested to use this software, or to participate, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

That's a great project! IIRC Walter still searches for someone to convert the dmd backend to D. Btw do you know about Daniel's porting tool that was used to migrate the dmd frontend to D?
https://github.com/yebblies/magicport2

I gave a try to magicport2, but I read it is specifically done for DMD. Moreover is seams to have some limitations which don't fit for my needs : template, C++11, ... I also tried the cpp2d project inside VisualD. But is has also many limitations in the C++ features it can parse (and the parser is pretty hard to extend). This is why I finally decided to use an existing, robust and reusable C++ parser : clang.

I am far away to be able to convert the full DMD backend, but this is a very interesting challenge!