On Thursday, 1 September 2016 at 13:18:18 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
the _checkCTFE() function is just a function that does something we're not allowed to do at CTFE, but current implementation does not respect
__traits(compiles, ....);

As far as I can tell that is a bug. Thoughts?

It is not a bug, because there is no way to mark something as CTFE-only. static ifs are not visible at the time where ctfe sees the function, they have already been resolved.

getting a static if (__ctfe) to work would require significant changes to the semantic-analysis path for functions.