On Friday, 27 January 2017 at 20:48:30 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 01/27/2017 08:21 AM, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Friday, 27 January 2017 at 03:58:26 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
And this:

  http://youtu.be/-DK4r5xewTY

Hey Jon, if you're in this thread, are you able to post any of the code
that you use for tsv parsing?

Yeah, the slide starting at 19'35 is the most interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DK4r5xewTY&feature=youtu.be&t=1175

Tools written in D (mostly with Phobos and with GC) are at least 3 times faster! Let's verify the results and then make some noise. :)

Ali

An independent verification of the results would be fantastic. Any time a single person does this type of benchmark, especially the author of the tool, there's real risk of an error. In this case I took every reasonable step I knew to be diligent about it, but still. And yes, the deltas are impressive. I was surprised.