On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 at 12:16:06 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 January 2017 at 11:46:22 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Saturday, 7 January 2017 at 13:17:35 UTC, extrawurst wrote:

Thank you for doing this - really happy about it. A perfect open source moment - I was wondering about how to go about getting Alexa working. But I had shared the AWS Lambda stuff which proved useful for you, and now you solved the problem for me and helped others on top.

Laeeth.

Hi Laeeth, thanks again for your post about aws lambda + D - wouldn't have thought about this whole thing otherwise.

I wanted to ask you if you thought about using another platform but nodejs wrap the D exe in lambda. They support java and C# aswell. I was wondering if it is a performance difference to use them instead ?!
Looking forward to your input.

Cheers,
Stephan

Hi Stephan.

I think at the time C# was not possible, and not sure if java was. I don't know those languages so well, but if someone would like to try and see if it makes a difference, I would be happy to grant them rights to co-maintain the repo and add those as options.

If I recall right, there shouldn't be a performance difference - just a question of latency to start. Will Java or C# be better in those respects given time needed to start the VM?

Laeeth.