On Monday, 13 February 2017 at 15:04:53 UTC, Daniel N wrote:

Probably, please help measuring your idea and post it here. I intentionally chose a test made by someone else to avoid biasing from my part. It was the only test I found at time of writing.

The first time I did it, I got a ~60% decline in compilation speed and binary size. I called dmd without any extra settings after making the above change (and adding a main function). It seemed weird that it's even better than in his comparison. Maybe he had used some settings I hadn't.

So I tried it again comparing all three versions on my machine. This time I didn't notice a difference in compilation speed or binary size between the version with

import std.datetime;
import std.traits;

and the one with

import std.datetime : SysTime;