On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 19:58:47 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
Hi,

I am planning on asking to become TU for the dlang packages in
community. I've been building and working with the current packages and making my own packages to make sure I know what I'm getting in to. LDC and GDC are matched with the system versions of llvm and gcc. If I can get TU approval I will put time in to these packages and hopefully
make some Arch tools that use dlang to try and promote it more.
To learn makepkg and nampac etc I built this [0], it is a set of
PKGBUILD files that are loosely based on the way I use multiple
official dmd compilers on my dev box. Some of my customers use older version of Vibe that do not build on current dmd. I actually normally use /usr/local/ and not /usr/lib for my dmd installation. It also has a little utility for switching between compilers versions, similar to
archlinux-java.

[0]: https://github.com/rjmcguire/archlinux-dmd

Any news on this? The arch packages are listed as orphaned.