On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 02:46:12 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 5/29/2017 6:10 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
there are also GitHub topics [1] which I will also properly fill out. I just done a pass over the README.md

[1]: https://github.com/blog/2309-introducing-topics

Good. Making the content google-friendly is also extremely important. Back in the early daze of D, I knew that "D" was not google-able, so I was careful to always have the phrase "D programming language" somewhere in text about D, and I'd harangue others to do the same. Since google knows about "D" now, this is less important.

I suspect that this will have less of an effect dcompute as "dcompute" is likely to have a far greater signal to noise ratio than "D" in its infancy simply due to its frequency on the web, but I take your point.

I also plan on getting the documentation up to snuff because I know the effect that will have. I have experience learning with OpenCL (less successful, confusing documentation) and CUDA (more successful, coherent documentation). Yes there are other reasons as to the relative successes of OpenCL vs CUDA, but if we are trying to take marketshare from OpenCL and CUDA of both new and experienced users of heterogenous computing good documentation will go a long way.