On Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 18:08:40 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 21:04:00 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
This point release fixes a few issues over 2.074.0, see the changelog for more details.

I'm afraid that the release has another fault: the VERSION file still gives 2.074.0. This means that unless it is edited during the build process, the compiler will report the wrong version number when `dmd --version` is invoked.

curl https://i.dlang.io | bash -s

~/dlang/dmd-2.074.1/linux/bin64/dmd --version
DMD64 D Compiler v2.074.1
Copyright (c) 1999-2017 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright

Or even shorter:

source $(curl https://i.dlang.io | bash -s dmd --activate) && dmd --version

However, also the bundled VERSION file is correct for me:

cat ~/dlang/dmd-2.074.1/src/VERSION
2.074.1

So, I guess your problem is the VERSION file on the dmd stable branch?

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/stable/VERSION

According point releases have never been flagged there: https://github.com/dlang/dmd/commits/stable/VERSION

Probably because it's more yet another work step & makes merging the master branch back into stable a bit more complicated.

Can't you simply overwrite the VERSION file in your build process?
Otherwise it's just one simple PR away ;-)
  • Release D 2.074.1 Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Release D 2.07... Ivan Kazmenko via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Release D 2.07... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Release D 2.07... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Release D 2.07... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Release D ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Releas... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Re... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Re... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • R... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Seb via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Release D ... Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce