I've been meaning to get this done for weeks but have had a severe case of writer's block. The fact that I had no other posts ready to go this week and no time to write anything at all motivated me to make time for it and get it done anyway. My wife didn't complain when I told her I had to abandon our regular bedtime Netflix time block (though she did extract a concession that I have no vote in the next series we watch). Thanks to Vladimir, Guillaume, and Steve, for their great feedback on such short notice. Their assistance kept the blog from going quiet this week.

The blog:
https://dlang.org/blog/2017/06/16/life-in-the-fast-lane/

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/6hmlfq/life_in_the_fast_lane_using_d_without_the_gc/