On Saturday, 7 October 2017 at 12:45:30 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Sunday, 1 October 2017 at 17:36:12 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
Other than that I'm happy with the package, as it provides the man pages, pre-built HTML documentation and a binary to bootstrap dmd on systems that lack a D compiler. (The use case being compilation from source for Gentoo Linux.)

I won't reorganize the folder structure in a point release. But thanks for pointing out that this needs a fix. Would getting the sources as a separate download (or just from github) be a feasible alternative.

But please consider something different than github as alternative. GitHub doesn't guarantee that it always generates the same tarball for the same commit/release, so the checksum can change and the downloaded tarball looks corrupted, though it has absolutely the same content.