On Wednesday, 10 January 2018 at 02:59:38 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
[...]
Also adding the token in Travis' settings page instead in the yaml makes things easier.

Yes it does make it easier. But I chose not to because of comments on [1] (notably by ilg-ul). I don't know if I am being paranoid but it's been said that GitHub tokens give access to all repositories and just pasting an unencrypted token in some web interface is a security risk. For a howto I figured the safer route is better.

[1] https://gist.github.com/vidavidorra/548ffbcdae99d752da02

Maybe worthwile to add this scaffolding to dub or some other tool? Anyone volunteering?

This could be a good idea. Probably even better is to let code.dlang.org take care of it, which would make the whole token issue and setup obsolete.