On Monday, 5 March 2018 at 10:57:35 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Here's something I wrote up on const:

Excellent read! I enjoyed the history of proposed solutions.

I've run into the trouble with annotated opEquals in classes several times. I believe an empty/nonexistant Object class is the correct solution, together with templates. If it breaks tricky opEquals-overriding usercode, then so be it. The const trouble is merely a symptom here, the real problem is Object.

In structs, all const members feel alien, they preventing all copying. This seems far harder to solve.

-- Simon