On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 at 12:21:41 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
That being said, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to have std.experimental be in its own repository.

Just showing that phobos is not the right place to develop modules/packages, also mir. IMO std.experimental provides little benefit over dub, but comes with many downsides.

This allows selection of the dependency on std.experimental separate from phobos.

You cannot link against diamond dependencies of different versions though, so we'd have to exclude it from libphobos and put it separately.

It still would be an "official" dlang package, and might even be included in the distribution (the latest version anyway), and docs included on the website.

Not sure why inclusion in distribution is often mentioned as such a thing. It's trivial and common to have separate libraries/dependencies in every language with a healthy ecosystem.

But if needed, you could have your dub package depend on a prior version.

http://code.dlang.org/packages/stdx-allocator ;)