On 07/03/2018 2:54 PM, psychoticRabbit wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 at 20:50:37 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:

Also, if you'll allow me to have crazy ideas for a moment, one wonders why we shouldn't just release Phobos itself through dub? Rust makes people use their build tool, why not us?

That's the day I stop using D.

I do not, and will not, use dub. Full stop.

Same goes for Rust ;-)

Under such arrangement nobody is forcing you to use dub.
We wouldn't break distribution or usage of dmd just because of changing a make file to dub. That's just silly.
              • ... Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Relea... Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... psychoticRabbit via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Release D... Random D user via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Release D 2.079.0 Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Release D 2.079.0 Chris M. via Digitalmars-d-announce