Hello, the vision document of the Founation for the first six months of 2018 is here:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2018H1

In addition to the expected items, we have a new top-level priority - locking down the language definition. This is in recognition of the fact that we need a precise definition of the language going forward.

Thanks,

Andrei

I was going to edit the document and argue for it (but procedure has been a bit different this time), shared libraries.

From what I saw in 2017 and pre 2016 too they are the number one implementation issue of D that drives people away. Almost everything else can be worked around.

Now that we have @nogc exceptions, and are going pay-as-you-go for runtime, this is the biggest thing holding us back IMO.

We need clear use cases with example code that works cross-platform.

With D-host, With C-host, merged with host, unmerged to host. Stuff like that.