On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 04:54:22 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Monday, March 12, 2018 03:37:11 Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Sunday, 11 March 2018 at 19:58:51 UTC, rumbu wrote:
> [...]

Why are you adding -j8 ? Does it say to do so in the instructions ? Try without it. (I can't test here as typing from my phone).

When dealing with building on Windows, it would definitely pay to read the instructions and not assume anything about make, since unfortunately, the Windows build uses the digital mars make, which is severely limited in comparison to the BSD make or GNU make.

- Jonathan M Davis

That's only partially true and the reason for the error. GNU/BSD make is required to run the DMD testsuite. BTW removal of DigitalMars Make has been officially approved since a long time, but it's blocked since it's so hard to make changes to the auto-tester.