On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 18:15:02 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Thursday, 15 March 2018 at 10:48:45 UTC, Radu wrote:
You have to remember that the really big first client of betterC(++) was DMD, porting DMD from C++ was a big undertaking. Right now both DMD and LDC use a form of betterC, so it is critical to have it finalized.

This is entirely wrong. DMD and LDC rely extern(C++), but this has nothing to do with -betterC whatsoever.

Both compilers link and initialise the runtime as normal (and then disable the GC at runtime).

 — David

I stand corrected. I remembered something about druntime being used but last time I checked front end code was filled with strcpm and strlen, wrongly assumed that druntime was not used. Oh well...

Still, probably D compilers will benefit from fixing mangling bugs and allow more integration with C++ std, right?